Offered for sale is an absolutely impeccable, wonderfully set-up, practically virginal Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, CSX9128, finished in Guardsman Blue with a painted rear half cove. Completed in 2013, this second generation 9000 Series Shelby Coupe has traveled a mere 568 miles since completion and is California registered (VIN: CSX9128) under the sought-after “SB-100” Senate Bill, which means the car requires no smog certification of California registration issues for the life of the car. Fanatically cared-for by one original enthusiast owner, this incredible example was set up with a mild cam for reasonable street driving, but that doesn’t mean it won’t both simultaneously thrill you and slap a smile on your face.
– Custom built Shelby Engine Co. 427 CID Small Block Engine
– TWM (Borla) Induction Eight Stack Throttle System,
– Dyno’d prior to delivery at Peak 554hp/589 lbs. ft. torque
– Both Manual & Thermostatically Controlled Electric Cooling Fans
– Ceramic Coated Headers and Sidepipes
– Tremec TKO 600 5-Speed Gearbox
– Tildon Hydraulic Throwout Bearing
– ZF Limited Slip Differential
– Bilstein Coil-Over Shocks with custom H&R Springs
– Shelby Vented Power Brakes
– 18” Shelby American Racing Sand-Cast and Polished Pin Drive Knock-Off Wheels
– Nitto Extreme 555 tires (245/40ZRx18” front, 285/40ZRx18” rear)
– Dyna Mat Interior Heat and Sound Protection
– German Leather Upholstery with Shelby 9000 Lettering
– Wool Carpeting
– Stewart Warner Gauges
– Power Side Windows and Door Locks
– High Capacity Air Conditioning
Also worth noting, the car’s owner became friends with Pete Brock, who subsequently helped guide him with this car’s build. The car bears Brock’s badging and has been outfitted with a number of BRE (Brock Racing Enterprises) upgrades including a BRE Rear Window, BRE Rear View Mirrors and BRE Headlight and Driving Light Lenses. Brock’s signature appears in the engine compartment, along with the Shelby mechanics that installed it.
Having logged only 568 miles from new in the care of a meticulous owner, the car is unsurprisingly in pristine condition. Enjoyed around the back roads of Santa Barbara and back and forth to one Shelby event, the striking Guardsman Blue finish is pristine, marred only by two incredibly small rock chips on the lower part of the front valence, each of which has been professionally touched up. The glass, rubber, wheels, etc. are all flawless, and the same can be said of the car’s interior. The comfortable leather seats, dash, carpets and interior panels show exactly the amount of wear you’d expect of a 568 mile car. Words don’t adequately describe the experience from behind the wheel, but know that the car is in fantastic mechanical condition and everything, including all the electrical, works exactly as it’s supposed to. Lastly, the engine compartment is essentially show-ready spotless, a true sight to behold.
The car comes with a battery tender, a knock off hammer (never used), a can of the original paint, two sets of keys, a car cover, California black vanity plates reading “CSX9128”, and complete documentation. To reiterate, the car is SB-100 registered in CA and all state registration fees are paid – no weird out-of-state stories.
This is as close to a brand new CSX9000 Shelby Cobra Daytona as you’ll ever find – at least without waiting upwards of a year and paying considerably more to have one built. None of the hassle, a big savings in cost and, perhaps most importantly, no delay, especially if you want the car to be California registered. All the work’s been done, and to right specs at the highest level; all you’d need to do is just get in, turn the key and enjoy.